[netCDF #LOR-225885]: netcdf (all) in Windows with gfortran

> Hi Russ,
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Ed Hartnetts mail seems to point more towards C/C++.
> Is his build also aimed at Fortran?
> I see in his readme he states g95.
>
> I tried Ed's build but still came across similar errors.
> I'm pretty new to programming in Windows.
> Am I missing something obvious here?
> Am I linking correctly?
> Should I be doing all this within Cygwin?
> I'm using mingw g95 in command prompt.
> Sorry I couldn't fine Ed's email address so I'm sending this to you if that's
> ok.
>
> 1) errors1.txt
> I tried compiling with the normal libnetcdf.a library. Seems underscoring was
> a problem (comparing to netcdf.inc).
>
> 2) errors2.txt
> I tried -fno-underscoring and still got undefined reference errors.
> So I look inside libnetcdf.a with nm and it seems functions are nc_* instead
> of nf_*.
> The only library with reference to any nf_* functions is libnetcdff.a (extra
> "f").
>
> 3) errors3.txt
> So I try compiling with libnetcdff.a (still with -fno-underscoring).
> Still get undefined reference errors, even though netcdf.inc has the exact
> function names listed.
>
> 4) errors4.txt
> I try without the "-fno-underscoring" and get even stranger errors.
>
> regards,
> Mogesh.

Howdy Mogesh,

I am working on the netCDF fortran DLLs, and on the netCDF-4 DLLs. Classic
library C API DLLs can now be found here:
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf_classic_dlls_snapshot.zip

Follow the progress of the fortran DLL in our Jira bug database:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/jira/browse/NCF-7

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: LOR-225885