[netCDF #EVL-800290]: NETCDF make error

> Dear sir,
> It's my first time to send a email to a foreigner,also my pleasure. I am a
> WRF user, when I configure NETCDF, there exists this error: chmod: cannot
> access 'nc-config':No such file or directory; after that, I insert 'make
> check' command, here it comes: 1 of 5 tests failed, Please report to
> address@hidden. Errors discribed below:
> make[2] : *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
> make[2] : Leaving directory '/yhhome/home/liyy/bin/netcdf-4.0.1/nf_test'
> make[1] : ***[check-am] Error 2
> make[1] : Leaving directory '/yhhome/home/liyy/bin/netcdf-4.0.1/nf_test'
> make : *** [check-recursive] Error1
> I had no idea about that, I just went on inputting cmmand 'make install ', so
> amazing to find it successfully installed.However, when I compiled WRF with
> PGF90 compiler (NETCDF compiled with this), I tried several options with PGI,
> no one could produce 'real.exe' , 'wrf.exe'. I feel so confused now,
> sincerely waiting for your reply.
> Xingbin,Sui

Howdy Xingbin!

Let's try the latest beta release:
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-beta.tar.gz

Build in accordance with these instructions:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs_beta/netcdf-install.html#Quick-Instructions

If that does not work, send me the full output of configure and make, and also
the config.log file.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: EVL-800290