[netCDF #LHQ-297925]: 4.1.3-beta1 configure issue

> Ok, setting those env variables fixed this issue, so you may close this
> ticket, thanks for the message!
>
> However, if you want my opinion on this:
>
> a) I liked the old way better (because command line options are easier
> to control than environment variables)
>
> b) I would really like that configure and make options don't change
> among versions, unless there is really a strong reason (e.g. to fix a
> bug, which is not the case here) because that breaks our installation
> scripts
>
> c) In my opinion there are other configuration/installation issues which
> are more important to work on, such as separating the parallel (i.e.
> runs) from non-parallel (i.e. compile) sections of make check.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Davide Del Vento,
> NCAR Computational & Information Services Laboratory
> Consulting Services Software Engineer
> http://www.cisl.ucar.edu/hss/csg/
> SEA Chair http://sea.ucar.edu/

Howdy Davide!

I assure you that we are very much interested in your opinion of netCDF. We are
most anxious to help our colleagues up on the hill!

The change in how the locations of the various libraries is handled was in
response to several bugs. The full explanation can be found in our Jira
database. You can see the ticket here:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/jira/browse/NCF-20

Thanks,

Ed