[netCDF #MUR-833037]: Configure problems with the --with-hdf option

> Hi!
>
> I have two installations of HDF5 on my Linux system. One is in /usr and the
> other
> is in a custom location. I wanted to build NetCDF as a shared library , linked
> against that one in the custom location. Using --with-hdf=my_custom_location
> built the libraray without problems but 'make check' already showed some
> errors.
> I found that the HDF5 headers from my custom location were correctly used, but
> the library and the programs were linked against the HDF5 lib in /usr, which
> caused the programs to crash.
> Specifying, additionally, LDFLAGS='-Lmy_custom_location' solved the problem
> for
> me but others might be interested in a fix.
>
> Thanks and best regards!
> Sebastian

Thanks!

Due in part to problems like these, I am taking away the --with-hdf5 option to
configure. Users will specify their own locations in flags, and my configure
script won't mess with them.

Ed

Ticket ID: MUR-833037
Department: Support netCDF