[netCDF #IZQ-213986]: error in make of netcdf-4.1.1

> Hello:
>
> One of our guys (Bill Godfrey) discovered a fix by updating lines 7 thru
> 10 of genbin.c
> FROM:
> #include <ctype.h>      /* for isprint() */
> #include "includes.h"
> #include "nciter.h"
> #include "offsets.h"
> TO:
> #include "includes.h"
> #include "nciter.h"
> #include "offsets.h"
> #include <ctype.h>      /* for isprint() */
>
> ...and then building netcdf4.  The make still generates errors but does
> not stop.  My question is: Can we ignore these errors and use this build
> of netcdf4?
>
> ---Thanx
> ---Tony Conrad

Howdy Tony,

Your fix is correct, and I have just checked it into our own codebase. Best
would be to grab our snapshot release and try again, as there were some other
ncgen code files with this problem.
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf-4-daily.tar.gz

In all code files, config.h must be included first. (It is included first by
includes.h, so having includes.h first is good enough.)

Thanks for finding this for us.

Ed

Ticket ID: IZQ-213986
Department: Support netCDF