[netCDF #KZX-489887]: Status of NETCDF4 for Windows (non-Cygwin)

Hi,

> I understand that porting of netcdf 4.1.1 to windows is under way,
> but I was hoping to know more about where that stands.  Failing a
> timely complete solution - any intermediate or partial solution
> could be useful.
>
> In the past (pre 4.0), I have done local builds of 32 and 64 bit
> windows netcdf with relatively small amounts of drama.  The source
> was all intended to be buildable for windows, and it was just a
> matter of making that work in our development environment.  This
> seems not at all to be the case for netcdf 4, where I found that
> I had to obtain "inttypes.h" and "stdint.h" to perform even the
> first compile.  Things seem to get deeper from there pretty fast.
>
> Unfortunately a Cygwin build is really of no use for us.
>
> Is there at least a code base that has the beginnings of the port
> started?

Your best bet is probably the contribution from a user noted in the

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/faq.html#windows_netcdf4_1

which says:

  NOTE: User Viet Eitner has contributed a port of 4.1.1 to Visual
  Studio, including an F90 port to Intel Fortran. Download source

(ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-4.1.1-win32-src.zip)
  or binary

(ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-4.1.1-win32-bin.zip)
  versions. This port was done before the code was refactored in
  4.1.2.

--Russ

Ticket ID: KZX-489887
Department: Support netCDF