[netCDF #LOR-225885]: netcdf (all) in Windows with gfortran

Hi Mogesh,

> I am trying to use the pre-built binary libraries for netcdf in Windows XP
> with gfortran (latest).
> I've downloaded quite a few versions of the netcdf windows binaries.
> 3.3
> 3.4
> 3.5.0
> 3.5.1
> 3.6.1
> 3.6.2
> 4.0.1
> Of the ones that were complete (some did not have netcdf.inc), none worked.
> All give similar errors.
> Namely,
>
> gfortran -o netcdftest.exe netcdftest.f -ID:\Progs\netcdf -LD:\Progs\netcdf
> -lnetcdf
>
> Warning: .drectve `-aligncomm:"___DTOR_LIST__",2 ' unrecognized
> Warning: .drectve `-aligncomm:"___CTOR_LIST__",2' unrecognized
> C:\DOCUME~1\MNaidoo4\LOCALS~1\Temp\ccqcQJlu.o:netcdftest.f:(.text+0x4e):
> undefin
> ed reference to `nf_open_'
> C:\DOCUME~1\MNaidoo4\LOCALS~1\Temp\ccqcQJlu.o:netcdftest.f:(.text+0x5c):
> undefin
> ed reference to `nf_close_'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> I see in the netcdf.inc and netcdf.lib there is in fact e.g. "nf_open".
> So I try -fno-underscoring, but still no luck.
> My code is simple (attached) and I'm just trying to test netcdf.
>
> I'm trying to build executables under Windows, so need this to run under
> Windows.

The situation with building netCDF under Windows is described here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/faq.html#windows_netcdf4_1
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/faq.html#windows_netcdf4

Links in those FAQs may provide some help.  However, if you can wait,
we expect to have new downloadable DLLs available for Windows very soon,
perhaps later today or tomorrow.  I'll let you know when and where they
are when they're ready to try out ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: LOR-225885
Department: Support netCDF