[netCDF #RPZ-106941]: Bug in netcdf (including 4.1.2-beta2)

Joerg,

I wrote:
> In the meantime, understanding and finding a fix for this problem will
> be a priority, even though it has apparently been a bug in the library
> for years, at least since the release of netCDF-3.6.2. I also
> intend to determine when the bug first appeared in a netCDF release,
> as that may help in fixing the problem.

Version 3.5.1 from Feb. 17, 2004 appears to be free of the bug, but it's in the
next release, version 3.6.0, from Dec. 18, 2004.  We were using cvs back then
rather than svn for version control, but I may be able to access the history of
checkins and narrow down which checkin first introduced the bug ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: RPZ-106941
Department: Support netCDF