[netCDF #QFC-902526]: Please report to address@hidden

Hi Ben,

> NetCDF-4.1.1 compiled with gcc-4.5.2, using hdf-1.8.6 and zlib-1.2.5
> fails 1 test out of 59. See the attached config.log for the
> configuration and the make.log for test results. Is this a result from
> the use of deprecated v1.6 interfaces?

No, it looks like a problem with netCDF 4.1.1 when it's linked with HDF5 1.8.6.
The problem doesn't occur when using HDF5 1.8.6 with our current daily
snapshot release, and it doesn't occur when using netCDF 4.1.1 with the
previous version of HDF5 1.8.5-patch1.  We'll have to investigate further ...

In the meantime, a workaround would be to use our curent snapshot release,
which is very close to what netCDF-4.1.2 will be, except that it doesn't
quite build clenaly on Windows/cygwin yet.

--Russ

Ticket ID: QFC-902526
Department: Support netCDF