[netCDFJava #WFT-565467]: Grid API

ok, i guess that makes sense. perhaps you should work on a branch if you have
extensive changes?

FYI, we will probably move to a distributed source control, like git or
mercurial soon, because those seem to manage distributed development better.

FYI, i am going to rewrite the GRIB package sometime in the next 6 months (i
hope). Theres a good chance i will split it from GridGrib, because theres too
much "if (x instanceof Grib)" special stuff. I also dont like the hashtable
approach of parameters, or at least the way Robb implemented it. If you have
any thoughts on that, let me know.