Re: [netcdf-java] Using GridDataset to read GSD HRRR file

On 1/7/2011 2:32 PM, Jeff Brogden wrote:
John,

hi jeff:

theres some problem with that file on ftp

I'd say there was something wrong with the ftp server, as all the files I tried gave the same error.

I've started an upload to another server.

http://www.ols16.com/jwbrogden/hrrr1027416000306.nc

In about 20 mins, it should be complete.  The file is the same one.
md5sum hrrr1027416000306.nc (which took a few seconds to complete)
0621097a341a0c4a9bb93b224f59b0b8  hrrr1027416000306.nc

Sorry, I'll have to send an email to the ftp guys.

Hi Jeff:

Sorry for the delay, just got back from vacation.

The problem is that its a WRF output file, and they dont follow standard conventions. We have code to "fix" these when reading, but this is a new version (3.2) using a "num_snapshots" dimension that I havent seen before. Do you know what that dimension means?

Mots people apparently use the GRIB files that the WRF post-processor outputs. Is that an option for you?

John