[netCDF #RZJ-261454]: Sanctioned way of storing complex data

> I'm using NetCDF to store data from a spectral fluid model and I would
> like to store the variables in wave number space.  Is there a suggested
> means of storing FORTRAN complex variables in NetCDF files?  There is no
> native complex external data type in NetCDF and I hoped that you had
> thought about this problem and would have a more efficient solution than
> I can come up with.
>
> Thanks for your time,
>
> --
> Mart!n Hoecker-Mart!nez
>
> Ph.D. graduate student, Physical Oceanography
> e-mail: address@hidden
> http://wart.coas.oregonstate.edu/
> phone: 541-737-9831
> fax: 541-737-2064
> Office: Burt 324
>
> College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences
> Oregon State University
> 104 COAS Administration Building
> Corvallis, OR 97331-5503

Howdy Martin!

That is an excellent question, but I don't know the answer.

Perhaps you could ask it on the netcdf mailing list? I'm sure the problem has
come up before, and you are right to want to use a worked-out solution, instead
of coming up with your own.