[Support #ZGL-400485]: Re: [netcdfgroup] netcdf-4.1.2-beta1 release available...

> Update:  I see now that the #ifndef MPI_INCLUDED block in ncdispatch.h
> is *not* inserted by configure, but is just there by default.  From
> looking at mpi.h from couple different mpi implementations, it looks
> like MPI_INCLUDED is specific to mpich2.  OpenMPI and mvapich have
> different flags, so this block causes errors if something besides
> mpich2 is being used.
>
> Is there a reason not to use the USE_PARALLEL flag?  Otherwise, the
> #ifndef MPI_INCLUDED block could be inserted by configure like it used
> to for other pieces of code.
>
> -- Ted

Howdy Ted!

I have fixed this as you suggtested, using USE_PARALLEL. Thanks for pointing
this out.

This happened after the beta2 release, so if you want to see this you need to
get the daily snapshot release:
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf-4-daily.tar.gz

I hope you have checked out one of the recent daily snapshots to see
improvements in opening lots of large data files and creating metadata objects.

Thanks,

Ed

Howdy Ted!

I think this problem is fixed now, because I changed the way that all that was
done to be a little less tricky. Now the netcdf_par.h include file must be used
for parallel I/O, and it contains the parallel

Ticket ID: ZGL-400485
Department: Support netCDF