[netCDF #QPK-184863]: Can't build netcdf4 on AIX Power6 machine (Was: [JIRA] Commented: (BP-32) netcdf + ncview)

Hi Leigh,

Sorry to have taken so long to respond to your question!
> Can't make it through the conifgure script.
>
> Could you please let me know what, if any, environment variables you set
> (i.e., compilers & flags) as well as what you passed to configure.

I don't have access to an up-to-date AIX platform for testing, but I
think the easiest way to build 64-bit libraries and executables is to
set the environment variable

  OBJECT_MODE=64

before building.  At least ar respects that environment setting, and
reportedly xlf and xlc as well.  That was reported as working here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/other-builds.html#aix_4_1_1

I hope this helps.

--Russ

Ticket ID: QPK-184863