[netCDF #BIE-294861]: [netcdfgroup] as_double weaknesses

Sjur,

I wrote:
> > And of course I have to bug you by asking how the Win-MSVC port is
> > proceeding :-)
>
> Our latest plans are to just build DLLs with cygwin, and include the
> cygwin libraries in the DLLs, so that users don't have to install
> cygwin to make use of the DLLs with their client code. That plan
> involves the least porting, because the current code already builds
> under cygwin on Windows.

which needs some correction.  Actually we discovered we can't use
cygwin for this plan, both because of licensing issues (such a DLL
could not be used in commercial products like ESRI ArcGIS products),
and because it would requires an initialization that would make code
that uses it different from programs that use netCDF on other
platforms.

So our current plan is to create DLLs using mingw rather than cygwin,
which appears not to have thse problems ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: BIE-294861
Department: Support netCDF