[netCDF #RTE-131011]: Build failure netCDF 4.1.1 on AIX

Mark,

> As I reported in the message earlier today, HDF5 (1.8.5-patch1) was
> broken, as you suggested. I rebuilt it with --disable-shared and now
> it passes "make check" with no failures.
>
> Then I rebuilt netCDF 4.1.2-beta1 and linked it with the new HDF5. It
> passes all tests except these 2:
>
> *** Testing netCDF-4 groups from Fortran 90.
> Error: NetCDF: Numeric conversion not representable
> STOP 2
> FAIL: f90tst_grps
> *** Testing definition of netCDF-4 vars from Fortran 90.
> Error: NetCDF: Numeric conversion not representable
> STOP 2
> FAIL: f90tst_vars3
>
> These are advanced features that I don't use yet, so I will probably
> install anyway, but do you have any idea what they're about?

Yes, I believe Ed fixed these in a change to libsrc4/nc4var.c, checked
in with the comment

  fixed bug with nf90_inquire_variable returning range error because
  of chunksizes for a contiguous variable

The fix was after 4.1.2-beta1, so currently it's only available in the
daily snapshot until the next beta release (or 4.1.2 release
candidate).  If you want it you can get it from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf-4-daily.tar.gz

--Russ

Ticket ID: RTE-131011
Department: Support netCDF