[netCDF #CMQ-644633]: g77 compile netcdf4.1.1

Hi Bo,

Sorry it has taken so long to respond to your question.
> Thank you for your help very much. It seems OK for the make check.
> But I still have another question. I cannot use the netcdf lib properly.
> When compiling a program, there are many error informations like
> "undefined reference to `ncaptc_' and undefined reference to `ncendf_" and
> so on? What is the matter?

Those are functions in the netCDF-2 Fortran-77 interface.  They are typically
supported and tested when you build and install a netCDF-3 or netCDF-4 library
using the defaults, but would not be present if you configured the library
with any of the configure options --disable-f77, --enable-c-only,
--disable-fortran,
or --disable-v2.  If you did not use any of those options when building and
installing netCDF, it's also possible that the Fortran interface was not built
because the configure script could not locate an appropriate Fortran compiler or
because the Fortran compiler specified with the environment variable F77 or FC
was not compatible with the C compiler you were using.

If you still have this problem, please send the information requested here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Reporting-Problems.html

and we will try to diagnose the problem further.

--Russ

> 2010/9/3 Unidata netCDF Support <address@hidden>
>
> > Sachko-
> > The error is occurring because the server at
> > http://test.opendap.org:8080/dods/dts
> > is not currently available. The data
> > from this test server is used to do netcdf
> > opendap tests.
> >
> > If you do not need to access opendap data
> > through netcdf, then you can add the flag
> > --disable-dap to your ./configure flags.
> >
> > If you do need access to opendap data, then
> > when you do the "make check" command, change
> > it to "make -i check"; this will force make
> > to ignore errors.  You will need to
> > examine the output of "make -i check" to see if there
> > are any non-opendap errors.
> > =Dennis Heimbigner
> >  Unidata
> >

> > Ticket Details