[netCDF #DOE-704686]: (No Subject)

My apologies, I now think I see your problem.

I modified my version of ncdump to generate additional
information. The problem is this.

When ncdump is given a url such as
    http://webservices.ipsl.jussieu.fr/test_ferret/test_dncdump_remote.php
it sends a request to the server for at least the following files:
    http://webservices.ipsl.jussieu.fr/test_ferret/test_dncdump_remote.php.dds
and
    http://webservices.ipsl.jussieu.fr/test_ferret/test_dncdump_remote.php.das
and if it needs the actual data, it also requests
    http://webservices.ipsl.jussieu.fr/test_ferret/test_dncdump_remote.php.dods

This is consistent with the operation of all standard
OPeNDAP servers and clients which assume the existence of
three separate products: das,dds, and dods.

From my debug version of ncdump, it is clear that the server
is not recognizing, for example,
  http://webservices.ipsl.jussieu.fr/test_ferret/test_dncdump_remote.php.dds
When I insert this url into a browser, I get the DDS (plus
some other extraneous non-standard text at the top).

What I do not understand is how the client is supposed to
retrieve the DAS and the DODS information.  Can you send me
the corresponding urls for retrieving the DAS and DODS?

=Dennis Heimbigner
  Unidata

Ticket ID: DOE-704686
Department: Support netCDF