[netCDF #TPP-606554]: Getting the NetCDF files to compile Scientific Python for Python 2.6 an esri installation of python

Hi Joseph,

> I appear to be having difficulty getting the correct NetCDF binaries
> files to build Scientific Python on windows. It appears I also need the
> corresponding header file.
>
> The documentation states that we need the header file
> and  a the netcdf.dll. I managed to download a zip file
> "netcdf-3.6.1-beta1-win32dll.zip" but does not have all the files I need.
>
> I managed to compile it according the Scientific Python instructions and
> build an installer but it can't load the dll. I think that the netcdf.h
> and the netcdf.dll are incompatible. It also needs the netcdf.lib file
> and a few more according the Scientific Python instructions. If you
> could let me know where I could get all of these binaries for Windows
> I would be most grateful.
>
> The problem has been bought about with the introduction of ArcGIS10 and we
> need to move to a new version of python. The problem might also be that
> esri does some non standard things with the python installation but if I
> was sure that I had the correct files that would be a good starting point.

The prebuilt DLLs we curently have are linked from here:

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/faq.html#windows_netcdf4

We plan to revisit the Windows port in the next few months, but currently
building with cygwin is the recommended alternative.

--Russ

Ticket ID: TPP-606554
Department: Support netCDF