[netCDF #OUH-534551]: Test ftst_vars4 failing on Solaris 10, GCC 4.2

Geoff,

From the config.log you sent, it looks like you are using Sun's cc
compiler rather than gcc.  If you intended to use gcc, you have to set
the CC environment variable or appropriate configure flag before
invoking configure.  However, Sun's cc should be OK, though you have a
fairly old version of it that may have bugs in 64-bit support.

I can't duplicate the problem you are seeing, but I just built 4.1.1 with a
very similar configure on a Solaris-10 i386 platform, and it worked fine
with the following configure options:

  ./configure --enable-netcdf-4 --enable-dap --enable-shared
--enable-separate-fortran --enable-cxx4 --enable-docs-install --enable-udunits
--disable-logging --with-hdf5=/share/stdinstall/local/buddy
--with-curl=/share/stdinstall/local/buddy && make check

Could you try something similar and see if it fixes the problem?

--Russ

Ticket ID: OUH-534551
Department: Support netCDF