[netCDF #NGV-120646]: Installing NetCDF C++ API on Windows

> I apologize in advance for this question, but the documentation I have
> found on this is thorough enough for me to be able to use it. Judging
> from other questions I see this is a common issue.
>
> I am using Windows XP (32-bit) on one machine, Windows 7 on another. I'm
> using MS Visual Studio 2008 or 2010, whichever I can get things to work
> on.
>
> Would it be possible for someone knowledgeable to write a step-by-step
> instruction on how to install the NetCDF C++ API on any combination of
> the above? In language that the average (Windows) computer use can
> understand. Perhaps with a simple example on how to use it. That would
> probably save me 1 week and my sanity...
>
> Best regards,
> Anders Knudby

Howdy Anders!

We have never ported the C++ API to windows, only the C API.

Recently we refactored the netcdf code in a pretty fundamental way that breaks
our previous windows porting solutions. So we have to port to windows again. I
can't tell you how to do it - I don't know how yet. ;-)

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: NGV-120646
Department: Support netCDF