[netCDF #PRS-970596]: Help

Hi Stephan,

> FYI: I have been able to build netCDF in the Windows by rebuild the c project
> as a static library and then using the C++ interface inside my Project

Good, congratulations!

> I have another question / issue:
>
> Using the pres_temp_4D_wr.cpp example, I have been able to create a file and
> then display it.
>
> I would like to be able to define a 3rd dimension ( i.e. in the example
> "level") in terms of a variable for altitudes. When using the display tool
> (LLnL VisIt), I can not display the pressure.

I'm not usre I understand the question, but maybe you just want to define a
third
coordinate variable, level, to provide the altitudes corresponding to each level
dimension index.  In that case, just follow the pattern for latVar and lonVar:

  // Define the level coordinate variable for altitudes
  NcVar *levelVar;
  if (!(levelVar = dataFile.add_var("level", ncFloat, lvlDim)))

  // Define the units attribute for the level coordinate variable.
  if (!levelVar->add_att("units", "meters"))
      return NC_ERR;

  // Write the level coordinate variable data to the file.
  float levels[NLVL];
  for (int lvl = 0; lvl < NLVL; lvl++)
     levels[lvl] = 100.0 * lvl;  // for 0 meters, 100 meters, ...
  if (!levelVar->put(levels, NLVL))
      return NC_ERR;

--Russ

Ticket ID: PRS-970596