[netCDF #ZCE-849683]: clarification on large file support

Fabio,

> Could you tell me where I can get the C version of the library: netcfd.lib
> (debug and release version).

It sounds like you want a Windows version of the netCDF C library.

You can build the C netCDF library for Windows from source using the Cygwin
development environment, as described here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/faq.html#windows_netcdf4

We have plans to make a Visual Studio build later this year, as announced in
this
posting to the address@hidden mailing list yesterday:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/netcdfgroup/2010/msg00257.html

There are some open source and commercial software packages for manipulating
and displaying netCDF data on Windows platforms, and some of these may come
with a prebuilt netCDF library you could use instead of building it.  You can
find descriptions and links to more information about these packages by
looking for "Windows" in the following listing of "Software for Manipulating or
Displaying NetCDF Data":

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/software.html

--Russ

Ticket ID: ZCE-849683