[netCDF #CHP-946266]: Building 4.1.1 on IA64

Howdy Dr. Bader,

When building netCDF for parallel I/O, you must build HDF5 with the
--enable-parallel option. There is no --enable-parallel option for netCDF, it
will automatically detect that HDF5 has been built for parallel, and then build
netCDF parallel I/O.

The missing pnetcdf file on the ftp site has been replaced. Thanks for
reporting this problem.

You might be interested in trying the latest beta release, which has
performance improvements for parallel I/O:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-4.1.2-beta1.tar.gz

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: CHP-946266
Department: Support netCDF