[netCDF #DFJ-140653]: Cannot compile project

Helder,

> Sorry but I forgot to mention that the software in question uses the netcdf,
> so is when i try to read a file using netcdf which gives the error Unhandled
> exception at 0x0095d540 in ConvertToHdf5.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation
> reading location 0x00000030.
> Could you help me please?

I wish I could, but that's just not enough information to identify the problem.
The "Unhandled exception" message is not coming from the netCDF library, but
from
the program calling it or from the OS.  Similarly "Access violation" is not a
netCDF error message, but indicates an attempt to open a file for which you
don't
have the right permissions, or perhaps an attempt to access a location in memory
that is outside of your program's memory.

Given the above, I still think the problem is not in the netCDF library, but in
the
calling program.  You could test this by trying to use the "ncdump" utility on
the
file in question.  If ncdump is able to open and read the file, that indicates
the
library is probably OK.  If it's a really large file, you may want to use
"ncdump -c" on the file ...

--Russ
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi Helder,
> >
> > > Full Name: Helder Marques
> > > Email Address: address@hidden
> > > Package Version: 3.6.3
> > > Operating System: Windows 2003 Server
> > > Hardware:
> > > Description of problem: I am using converttohdf5 (
> > www.mohid.com/wiki/index.php?title=ConvertToHdf5)
> > > and when i tried to read a file it shows the error: Unhandled exception
> > at 0x0095d540 in ConvertToHdf5.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading
> > location 0x00000030.
> > > could you please help me?
> >
> > Sorry, but we don't know anything about that program.  It wasn't developed
> > at
> > Unidata, so all I can recommend is contacting the developer.  If you are
> > trying to convert netCDF-4 data to HDF5, it may help to read the answer to
> > this question:
> >
> >  "How can I convert netCDF-4 files into HDF5 files?"
> >  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/faq.html#fv16
> >
> > --Russ
> >
> > Russ Rew                                         UCAR Unidata Program
> > address@hidden                      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: DFJ-140653
> > Department: Support netCDF