[netCDF #QZH-740563]: Does the HDF5 "make check" need to be entirely successful?

Howdy Rich!

Yes, the HDF5 make check must complete successfully. If you continue with
netCDF probably (hopefully) some it its tests will fail too, if there is really
a problem with long long.

Please send this to the HDF5 support email. They are very responsive. (Better
than me! ;-)

Right now I am sorting out a parallel I/O performance issue, but when I get
that done I will try this on our local cygwin machine. We used to have
automatic nightly testing on a cygwin machine, but that machine went away, and
special things have to be done to get the testing working on the cygwin...

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: QZH-740563
Department: Support netCDF