[netCDF #KWO-578061]: Error reading large netCDF files through WRF 3.2

Hi Eran,

> Thanks for getting back to us on this.
>
> I tried the first option but WRF started giving weird errors, which I'm now
> debugging with John Michalakes from WRF team.
>
> When I tried the second option, and executed "./configure --disable-netcdf-4
> --disable-dap --disable-cxx" I got the following error on the console.
> checking for Fortran flag to compile .f90 files... unknown
> configure: error: Fortran could not compile .f90 files

Your config.log shows pgf90 is not compiling a simple Fortran program:

  configure:6650: setting up Fortran 90
  configure:6669: checking for Fortran flag to compile .f90 files
  configure:6685: pgf90 -c   conftest.f90 >&5
  configure:6685: $? = 0
  configure: failed program was:
  |       program main
  |
  |       end

Maybe there's something wrong with your pgf90 or maybe you need to
use pgf95 instead, by setting FC=pgf95 before running configure.

Another possibility is that you need to use some compiler flag (which
you would need to put into the FCFLAGS environment variable before
running the configure script).  Make sure you can compile the 3-line
Fortran program:

       program main

       end

with whatever PG Fortran compiler you are using, before trying to use
it to build netCDF.

Also in the previous response I suggested using F77=pgf90, but if
pgf90 doesn't work, you should use pgf77 or pgf95 instead.  If there
are any flags that need to be set for the F77 compiler, use the FFLAGS
environment variable for those.

> I attached config.log file for your information.
>
> I will talk with Beth to get you access to this computer.

It's actually Ed who will need access to the computer, but that's only
a last resort, in case we can't get things working via email.

--Russ

Ticket ID: KWO-578061
Department: Support netCDF