[netCDF #CAM-999479]: conflict between netcdf 4.1.1 and hdf5 1.8.4?

> Thanks Ed, I appreciate your prompt reply!
>
> netcdf was compiled with the "--enabled-shared" option - I wonder if it was
> not picked up
> for some reason.  In any case, I thought I could apply your suggestion by
> simply setting the
> env variable
>
> LIBS="-lhdf5_hl -lhdf5 -lnetcdf -lz".
>
> However, this caused the initial compiler check w/in configure to fail
> complaining that it
> couldn't find libhdf5_h1.so.6
>
> So I modified the configure script and added "-lhdf5_hl" whereever "-lhdf5"
> was specified.
> This seems to have done the trick.
>
> Thanks again for your help!
>
> -john

OK, we discovered a minor problem in one of the Makefile.am files, and I fixed
it and re-released 4.1.1.

If you want to try grabbing a new copy of 4.1.1 your problem should be gone.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: CAM-999479
Department: Support netCDF