[netCDF #IVN-676408]: Problems with netCDF files in IDL

> Folks,
>

> I want to update you on these problems.
>

> ITT technical support  has given me a new IDL library built with netCDF
> 4.0.1.  This fixed problem #2 below, and also the problem with reading
> files >4GB on either Linux or Windows (that was the 3.6.2 netCDF bug).

Well that is good.

> However, problem #1 persists, even with netCDF 4.0.1.  Yesterday ITT was
> able to reproduce the problem.  It does not happen on Redhat 5, but it
> does happen on Fedora Core 8 and 10, and Ubuntu 9.10.  The netCDF files
> are very slightly corrupted, typically 1kB of bad data in a 1GB file.

Unfortunately I can't think of what to do for this problem without some way of
duplicating the problem. You can tell the IDL people that if they can reduce
the problem to a C program that calls netCDF, I would be happy to look at it.

I don't even have a copy of IDL, so I can't try and IDL code out for you. If
the IDL people want to give a copy to the netCDF team, we can see if that helps
us debug these problems (but no guarantees - we are a very small, community
supported free software project, without the resources to support much support
effort. But we will try.)

Please let us know if you learn any more about this.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: IVN-676408
Department: Support netCDF