[netCDF #TIZ-524161]: NetCDF-4.0.1 compilation error

> Dear
>
> I am trying to install NetCDF-4.0.1 in IBM P6 unix server.
> It configured properly by ./configure --prefix=/MYPATH
> When give command 'make check install ' there is some error coming due to
> C++. I set C++ as xlC and CC as xlc.
>
> Here I attached the conf.log, make.log and Makefile for kind reference.
>
> with best regards
> sincerely
> Ashish

> ASHISH ROUTRAY
> Scientist 'C'
> National Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting (NCMRWF)
> Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India
> A-50, Institutional Area, Phase-II, Sector-62, Noida-201307
> India

Howdy Ashish!

Do you need to use the C++ API? You should know that we are moving to a new C++
API, which is not really ready for operational use. Probably if you are doing
C++ programming you should use the netCDF C API.

If you don't need the C++ API, set environment variable CXX to '' (that is,
empty). Then re-run configure and make check install.

If you do need the C++ API, then look at the intel page for netCDF:
http://www.intel.com/support/performancetools/sb/CS-027812.htm

They describe the way to build netCDF with Intel's C++ compiler.

Please let me know if you need more help.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: TIZ-524161
Department: Support netCDF