Re: netCDF for W2K

>To: address@hidden
>From: "James K Lewis" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20040311: netCDF for W2K

Hi Jim,

> Russ:  I've made progress on the Win32 netcdf problem.  I now have used my
> Lahey compiler to generate typesizes.mod and netcdf.mod files without any
> errors or warnings.  I did change all the *.f90 files from Unix formats
> (line feed only at the end of a line) to DOS formats (line feed and carriage
> control).

Great, I'm glad it was that simple.

> Now I'm trying to compile and link netcdf_test.f90.  In the netcdf-f90win32
> zip file, there are 4 library files.  Two get unzipped into a bin directory
> (f90netcdf.lib and netcdf.dll) and 2 get unzipped into a lib directory
> (again f90netcdf.lib and netcdf.lib).  When I link, where do I go to pick up
> the netcdf libraries?  Do I need to specify both files in the bin or lib
> directories?

I think the library files that got unzipped into the bin directory
were a mistake.  The library files should be accessed from the lib
directory.  The only things that should be in the bin directory are
the ncdump.exe and ncgen.exe executables, which you don't need to link
the test.  I suspect the guy who created this zip file meant to put
ncdump.exe and ncgen.exe in the bin directory.

--Russ