[UDUNITS #JWF-946673]: Issues installing UDUNITS-1-12.11

Katie,

I honestly don't know. The pathname of the UDUNITS-1 database file is
hard-coded into the package during the build process (though it can be
overriddend via an environment variable). The might be some other things like
that.

You might be better off rebuilding and re-installing the package. Try something
like this:

make distclean
./configure --prefix=/usr/local CPPFLAGS=-Df2cFortran CFLAGS=-fPIC
make
make install

The "--prefix=..." option should install the package in /usr/local/bin,
/usr/local/lib, etc.

> The script computes 3D back trajectories on air parcels.  It was written by
> some folks at NOAA.
>
> I have another random question.  I have gone through this entire process of
> installing udunits in the /usr/local/udunits/ directory.  I think it makes
> more sense for the udunits package to be in a more centralized location
> (maybe /usr/bin/?).  Can I just move the udunits directory around,
> including the src folder?  Does that matter at all?
>
> This is my first time installing something from the source distribution.
>
> Katie
>
> --
> Katie Holman, PhD
> Meteorologist