[netCDFPerl #RAH-648927]: Installing netCDFPerl 1.2.4

Peter,

> had to resend the attached conf.log file
>
> At home trying to make this work. I have followed your instructions.
> env var set to where netcdf and HDF5 libs are :
>
> LD_NETCDF=-L/usr/local/lib -lnetcdf -L/usr/local/HDF5/lib -lhdf5
>

> Still can't seem to get the compiler to see the HDF5 libs.
>
> output of processes ./configure   ;  make :   make test  is attached as
> configure.log

According to the file you sent, the following command was used to create the
netCDF-Perl module:

cc  -shared -O2 -g -L/usr/local/lib NetCDF.o  -o
blib/arch/auto/NetCDF/NetCDF.so        \
           -lnetcdf -L/usr/local/HDF5/lib       \

(The third line is a blank line).  Notice that the HDF5 library wasn't
referenced (as "-lhdf5") even though its parent directory was.

I suspect that the autoconf(1) variable LD_NETCDF isn't correct.  What is the
output from the following command?

    grep LD_NETCDF /data/dyc002/build/netcdf-perl-1.2.4/src/config.status

If the command doesn't indicate that LD_NETCDF is "-L/usr/local/lib -lnetcdf
-L/usr/local/HDF5/lib -lhdf5" then that's the problem and you'll have to redo
the steps I described earlier.  Note that in step 6 (the "make" step) the
output file should be "make.log" instead of "configure.log".

> Peter
>
> --
> Peter Dyce
> 9 Hutchison Crescent