[netCDFPerl #EHX-776098]: netCDF Perl Build Issues

Robert,

> Full Name: Robert S. Linzell
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 1.2.4
> Operating System: MinGW under Windows XP Professional
> Hardware: Intel Core2 Duo on a Dell Latitude E6400
> Description of problem: When attempting to build the latest netCDFPerl using
> MinGW/MSYS (www.mingw.org) using netCDF version 3.6.3, the initial 'make'
> fails (see make_2009-12-18.log).  I was able to successfully install netCDF
> v3.6.3 (also v4.0.1), but not netCDFPerl.  Note that MinGW is similar to
> Cygwin, but is not a complete operating environment.  The output of uname -a
> is:
> MINGW32_NT-5.1 KIRK 1.0.11(0.46/3/2) 2009-07-11 17:46 i686 Msys

Unfortunately, the netCDF-Perl package is designed for a POSIX environment,
MinGW doesn't supply a complete POSIX environment, and we don't have a MinGW
environment here -- so my help will be limited.

From your "make.log" file, it appears that the command to build the netCDF-Perl
module didn't reference your installed netCDF library.  This is why all those
netCDF symbols were unresolved.  Try adding a reference to the netCDF library
to the makefile command that builds the module.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: EHX-776098
Department: Support netCDF Perl