20000629: building on IRIX 6.5 system with perl 5.6.0

Matthew,

In the above message, you wrote:

> My system administrator tells me that the perl man pages are:
>
> /usr/share/catman/u_man/cat1/perl.z
> /usr/freeware/catman/u_man/cat1/perl.Z
>
> Is this what we are looking for?

Yup.

Try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level, netcdf-perl source directory.

    2.  Execute the command "make distclean".

    3.  Remove the file "config.cache".

    4.  Set the following environment variables to the indicated values:

            NAME                VALUE
            ----                -----
            CC                  cc
            CFLAGS              -n32
            LDFLAGS             -n32
            CPP_NETCDF          -I/usr/local/ldm/netcdf-3.4/include
            LD_NETCDF           -L/usr/local/ldm/netcdf-3.4/lib -lnetcdf
            PERL_MANDIR         /usr/share/man

    5.  Execute the configure script.  Redirect standard output AND
        standard error to the file "configure.log".  If an error message
        occurs in the file, then stop and send me the file.

    6.  Execute the command "make".  Redirect standard output AND
        standard error to the file "make.log".  If an error message
        occurs in the file, then stop and send me the file.

    7.  Execute the command "make install".  You might have to do this
        as root depending on the permissions of the perl installation.
        Redirect standard output AND standard error to the file
        "install.log".  If an error message occurs in the file, then
        stop and send me the file.

    8.  Execute the command "make clean".

Regards,