Re: perl script fix.

Bill,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Puzzling.  I put start[2] and count[2] back in, but with start[2]=0 and
> count[2]=1.  Start[1] was already 0.  It worked.  I have a C++ program
> (calling the version 3 netCDF for C), and in there, start[1], start[2],
> and count[2] are 0, and it works.

There are some slight differences in the way netCDF-2 and netCDF-3
are implemented---so I'm not too surprised at this.  I believe that
netCDF-2 didn't specify what would happen if a larger-than-necessary
shape specification was passed to the variable I/O routines---so the
result depends on how the implementation implements the API.  It's best
not to depend on such undocumented behavior.

--------