[netCDFJava #NWR-841654]: EOFException: Reading file.grb2.ncx at 0 file length = 0

Rob,

Apparently, we need to leave some things open in order for the indexer
to work properly.  The trouble is that if some problem occurs, then
someone needs to close but that message gets lost.  I looked into
putting some sort of fix into our current development branch (4.4.3),
but raf touches and is touched in lots of places. The next development
branch is 4.5, which actually already has quite a bit of rework on grib,
collections, and file access.  Most likely, the fix will be in that
branch, which is a few months away.

-Lansing