RE: Deprecated warnings

> very strange; i suspect its not a java 6 vs java 7 problem, but an old
> jar file som

John,

That's very perceptive of you. I wish you'd been at the coffee shop on Saturday
when I first encountered the problem.

I figured this out late last night and it was indeed a problem with an old jar
lurking around in my laptop's Java development directory. The Panoply ant
build.xml file had a wildcard in it, so compilation on the laptop was being
made against a copy of NJ-all 4.3.15 rather than any of the three later 4.3
version (16, 18 or 19) in the same directory. Years ago I found it useful to
hold onto old NJ jars "just in case", and I never got out of the habit.

This apparently also explains why I was getting deprecated messages on the
Variable.getDataType method, as those warnings disappeared once I fixed the ant
file.

rbs

--
Robert B. Schmunk