[netCDF #UHL-694460]: netCDF help

> Hi Yuan,
> I have created this netCDF file
> http://hydrology.usu.edu/uebdata/merra.rfe.90m.200310.nc which looks fine
> in arcGIS, R and ncdump. However, I was unable open to this file in IDV 3.1
> or 4. Could you pleasehave a look and tell me what's wrong with this file.
> Or if there is any bug in IDV itself. Thanks in advance. I reaally
> appreciate your help.
> Avirup

The problem is that time variable in this file, the attribute for the unit:

<attribute name="units" value="hours since 2002-04-01T00.00" />

it should be

<attribute name="units" value="hours since 2002-04-01T00:00" />

after this change, it should work in the IDV. The arcGIS software probably does
check for the time at all.

Yuan

> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi Yuan,
> > Thank you very much. Now I understood what is going wrong. I have another
> > quick question to you. I have a netCDF which look pretty much same
> > structure with 6 variable and 3 dimensions. I can open it in IDV. However
> > its time dimension looks invisible. I can not able to see any time there.
> > Its  just a 2-D layer. I put my time unit like this "hours since
> > 2002-04-01T00.00". I am wondering if this is the source of the problem.
> > Hours all are well calculated. its ncdump heading looks like
> > the attached file. I will be happy to provide a link of it if you want to
> > see the file. Any help will be appreciated.
> > Thanks a lot,
> > Avirup

> >> issue.
> >> order. I
> >> >

> >> Hi Avirup,
> >>     Sorry for the confusion, what I am talking about is the order of the
> >> dimension for each variable, such as:
> >>
> >> float wind(time, longitude, latitude)
> >>
> >> instead of float wind(longitude, latitude, time) .
> >>
> >> The IDV 3.1 has earlier version of netCDF and this is why the newer
> >> version of the IDV can not take this file.
> >>
> >> Yuan
> >>
> >> Ticket Details
> >> ===================
> >> Ticket ID: UHL-694460