[netCDFJava #JFM-249744]: library nasa-ames

Hello Benoit,

I've never encountered the NASA Ames format, but a little research suggests
that it is an ASCII-based format.  That is, data is stored as plain-text, with
the requirement that information about the data also be included in
human-readable form in the data file.  Here at Unidata, we do not have a tool
for parsing such ASCII files.  However, I would imagine that someone at NASA
Ames may know more.  This website seems like a reasonable to start, though I
notice it is not hosted by NASA Ames:

http://badc.nerc.ac.uk/help/formats/NASA-Ames/

If you really want to convert NetCDF to ASCII, you can use the ncdump command
line feature, which will produce asii output.  The NetCDF libraries for Java,
C, Fortran, etc. are available here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/index.jsp

Regards,
  Lansing Madry
  Unidata
  Boulder, Colorado
> Hi,
>
> Actually I'm working for the laboratory of aerologie of Toulouse in
> France, and I work on the nasa Ames and NetCDF file format.  On your
> website unidata.ucar.edu we can see some tools to work with the NetCDF
> format for exemple the library NetCDF-Java
>
> (http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/index.jsp).
>
> I would like to know if there is a java library to work with the nasa
> ames format and where to download it.  The goal is to transform a netCDF
> file to the nasa-ames format.
>
> I'm sorry for my english but I hope that you understand my request.
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Benoit GAUTRON
>

> email: address@hidden