[netCDFJava #MIY-264031]: gfs 384 data

Greetings Alex,

> Hi Sean,
>
> Thank you very much for the reply.  To answer your questions.
>
> Yes, I am reading gfs data.

Where do you get the data? From a website, your own model run? Is the raw data
format in netCDF, grib?

> I am planning to compare the runs, once the data extracted.
>
> I would like to keep the program 100% java if possible, which is reading
> the files, processing and saving.

Keeping things 100% java should not be a problem. It may help to read through
some example programs
(http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/examples/programs/) using
netCDF-Java to read files and access data, especially the following example
(http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/examples/programs/Sfc_pres_temp_rd.java).
 If you are able to open your files and read data from the variables, it should
be relatively straightforward to dump the data you need to a format of your
choice.

Cheers,

Sean