Re: Fwd: RTOFS, Grib2 and THREDDS

Rich Signell wrote:
Guys,
I think once we know its a Curvilinear Orthogonal, we should identify the 2D
lat, lon fields and use them, without needing NcML.

If there is a general way to do this, by all means yes!  The lon/lat
records might not be there, however.  In one case the provider had the
data variables in one collection of grib files, and the lon/lat values
for the grid in another grib file.

-Rich

Hi Rich:

We have this pretty much working. The GRIB layer now recognized the orthogonal curvilinear grid type and does the right thing. this allows simple fmrc aggregation to work, eg:

<netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";>

<aggregation dimName="runtime" type="forecastModelRunSingleCollection" timeUnitsChange="true" recheckEvery="10min">
           <scanFmrc location="./" regExp=".*ofs_atl.*\.grib2$"
runDateMatcher="#ofs.#yyyyMMdd" forecastOffsetMatcher="HHH#.grb.grib2#" subdirs="true"
            olderThan="10 min"/>
        </aggregation>

</netcdf>

Im running unit tests now, I can make a release at the end of the day for you to try, assuming its not too late for you to use.

The 2D lat/lon adds some extra time, so its a bit slow. At some point Im going to look at 2D lat/lon to see if theres some speedup to be had somewhere.