[netCDFJava #VSP-832015]: ncdf4: filling empty object with data?

> John,
>
> I can't replicate this problem with the <scan> element, but it is easily
> replicated with the <aggregation> element, using "joinExisting".  Point
> to a few NetCDF data sets with differing numbers/types of variables and
> you should see the problem.

Im not sure i know what you mean by "data sets with differing numbers/types of
variables". A joinExisting has to have homogenous sets of variables. it picks
one to be a prototype for the aggregation. If the files differ, you will get
different result.

is that the problem? what were you expecting to happen? perhaps you are
thinking of a "union" aggregation?