Re: [IDV #GKC-227821]: CF Compliant Observation Data

Hi Bruce: I see two problems with the file:

1. the time coordinate has

  :standard_name ="forecast_reference_time";

should be

  :standard_name ="time";

in order for the time coordinate to be correctly identified.

2. all of the coordinates attributes should be

  :coordinates = "time lat lon alt";

instead of

  :coordinates = "time lat lon";

in order for the height coordinate to be correctly identified.

I might also propose

  :standard_name ="station_description";

that you might use for your station_info variable.

Anyway, thanks for your example, very helpful for me to test and debug. If you
generate any more
variants, please send. Im not sure when IDV will be able to visualize these,
but it shouldnt be too
long.