[netCDFJava #SYH-931648]: command line NcML ==> NetCDF

ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.main() now is a cover for FileWriter, but you
can also open NcML, OPeNDAP, and other datasets accessible with
NetcdfDataset.openFile().

in the latest release 4.0.32

> Hi Rich,
>
> > > Sorry. My mistake. It is failing for me as well. I'm using the
> > > latest 4.0 and I'm guessing you are too. I haven't tried 2.2
> > > but I don't think it would fail.
> >
> > Yes, it fails with 2.2 as well.
>
> I'm not getting a failure with 2.2, only with 4.0. What version of 2.2 are
> you running?
>
> > > I'll dig into this a bit more tomorrow and double check and
> > > see about a fix to FileWriter.
> >
> > Okay, that would be great.   Thanks!
>
> There was a change early in the 4.0 code that switched FileWriter from using
> NetcdfDataset to NetcdfFile (I think to attempt to clean up our package
> dependencies). Since, NcML handling is at the dataset not file level,
> FileWriter lost its ability to handle NcML files.
>
> I'll add this to our list for the next 4.0 release.
>
> Let me know if you still can't get it working in 2.2 and we can dig into that.
>
> Ethan

Ticket ID: SYH-931648
Department: Support netCDF Java