*From:* Jennifer Read
*Sent:* Tuesday, February 03, 2009 10:33 AM
*To:* Jennifer Read; Guy De Wardener
*Cc:* David Stuebe
*Subject:* RE: Java Error

We tested with this address: http://science.whoi.edu/users/kestons/redtide_2005_hindcast/OUT/avg_gom_0014.nc using java NetCDF (One ring to bind them).

*From:* Jennifer Read
*Sent:* Tuesday, February 03, 2009 10:22 AM
*To:* Guy De Wardener
*Cc:* David Stuebe
*Subject:* Java Error

So, Dave is getting this error:

java.io.IOException: Server does not support byte Ranges

at ucar.unidata.io.http.HTTPRandomAccessFile.<init>(HTTPRandomAccessFile.java:123)

at ucar.unidata.io.http.HTTPRandomAccessFile.<init>(HTTPRandomAccessFile.java:94)

at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.getRaf(NetcdfFile.java:441)

at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.open(NetcdfFile.java:347)

at ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.openOrAcquireFile(NetcdfDataset.java:622)

at ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.openFile(NetcdfDataset.java:500)

at ucar.nc2.ui.ToolsUI$NCdumpPanel.run(ToolsUI.java:1214)

at ucar.nc2.ui.ToolsUI$GetDataTask.run(ToolsUI.java:3098)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

When he tries to connect from inside ASA to another source. It works outside (at home) and it works inside if he’s connecting inside. I’m having him see what happens if he uses wireless and tries to connect. It isn’t a firewall issue- there have been no firewall changes in the past long time.