Re: Mercator Projection

yes, we support mercator projection. you should probably test test the WCS with that projection, though, but i suspect it will be ok.

Roy Mendelssohn wrote:
Hi John:

In the work we are doing with the NOAA IOOS program office, we may have to be able to provide data that is in a Mercator projection (i prefer just giving a lat-lon grid and letting the client side re-project the data but we may not have that option.). This would be through the WCS service in the TDS, using netcdf as the file format. I believe TDS allows for some projections, is that correct? Is mercator one of them? If not, since I believe there are some projections, there might be some easy hooks for someone like Bob Simons to add that.

Basically any info you can provide would be helpful.

-Roy

**********************
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst
NOAA/NMFS
Environmental Research Division Southwest Fisheries Science Center
1352 Lighthouse Avenue
Pacific Grove, CA 93950-2097

e-mail: address@hidden (Note new e-mail address)
voice: (831)-648-9029