Re: [thredds] THREDDS & WCS

this one seems to be working:

 http://oceanwatch.pfeg.noaa.gov:8081/thredds/dodsC/satellite/AG/ssta/3day

but this one fails:

 http://oceanwatch.pfeg.noaa.gov:8081/thredds/dodsC/satellite/PH/ssta/1day

the reason is that the second one is not recognizing the vertical coordinate (needed for
making a grid) (try putting each of those URLs into the "CoordSys" Tab on
ToolsUI if you want to see how I noticed this).

works:

double altitude(altitude=1);
    :actual_range = 0.0, 0.0; // double
    :fraction_digits = 0; // int
    :long_name = "Altitude";
    :standard_name = "altitude";
    :units = "m";
    :axis = "Z";
    :_CoordinateAxisType = "Height";
    :_CoordinateZisPositive = "up";

doesnt work:

 float altitude(altitude=1);
    :actual_range = 0.0f, 0.0f; // float
    :fraction_digits = 0; // int
    :long_name = "Altitude";
    :standard_name = "altitude";
    :units = "m";
    :axis = "Z";

in fact both should work due to the axis attribute (I think), but we arent
correctly handling it in CF. If you can add either or both coordinates, it
should fix the problem for now:

    :_CoordinateAxisType = "Height";
    :_CoordinateZisPositive = "up";

let me know....

Roy Mendelssohn wrote:
Okay, we have 3.16.19 running on our operational machine, and are seeing the same problem. The very aggregated file that wasn't working on the test machine is now working, and the difference is the shift to an end time of present. We still see if end time is "present" it works, it it is a fixed time it fails.

As an example, go to

http://oceanwatch.pfeg.noaa.gov:8081/thredds/Satellite/aggregsatPH/ssta/catalog.html?dataset=satellite/PH/ssta/1day

and look at the WCS request.

Compare with the one that had not been working on the test machine:

:http://oceanwatch.pfeg.noaa.gov:8081/thredds/Satellite/aggregsatAG/ssta/catalog.html?dataset=satellite/AG/ssta/3day

and look at the WCS request.

If you still need files, since these are aggregated, how many time periods of each kind would you like.

-Roy