Re: example THREDDS dataset

sorry, i misled you. use openDataset() or openFile(). I make the same mistake
all the time.

Jon Blower wrote:
Thanks John,

Could you give me an example of a "thredds:" string that I could pass
to NetcdfDataset.open(), i.e.
"thredds:http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/catalog.xml#datasetID";

With our local THREDDS server I can't figure out what to pass as the
datasetID - everything I try comes up "not found".

Cheers, Jon

On 2/27/07, John Caron <address@hidden> wrote:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/ is our "standard". If you drill down into the NCEP models, you will come to opendap URLs that you can give to NetcdfDataset.open().