Re: Observation Dataset Conventions

John

I think it would be great if you could work with Joe Sirott's group to
create an explicit Convention that would be consistent with the use of
something like the Dapper doubly nested sequences for collections of
profiles and time series.  I would prefer that you inquire if they are
interested.

If this is only a few days work, I would put it at a fairly high
priority, especially if there's a chance we could have be working on a
draft Convention before the GO-ESSP meeting, as a concrete example of
greater interoperability that could be achieved by extending the CF
conventions to handle this kind of data.

I'm also Cc:ing Steve Hankin to let him know about the possibility of
you and Joe Sirott's group working together on this.

Also, our IOOS DMAC team considers this a high priority, and is making
a recommendation about it to the DMAC Steering Team next week.  I'd
give you a URL, but it's currently on a restricted access Wiki.  I'll
send the text of the recommendation in the next email ...

--Russ